Postponement of the 2019 Mental Health in the Community State Conference
Dear members and colleagues
Queensland Alliance for Mental Health would like to announce that the upcoming conference, Mental Health in the Community State Conference, will be postponed until further notice. We will provide an update once a new date has been confirmed.
With consideration of the recent events that have occurred in the regions of North Queensland, North West Queensland and Far North Queensland, the recovery of the community takes priority. The devastating effects of the floods and the loss of livelihood is not one to be taken lightly.
As the theme of the conference (A Pathway to Wellness: Being the Front Line of Community Mental Health) so aptly explains, our members are at the front line of community mental health. I believe that, at this point in time, they truly are. The cascading effects of the recent weather events will continue to touch the lives of those who live in those regions, and we thank our members and those who are at the forefront of it, who will continue to provide the support needed.
At QAMH, we are strong advocates for the mental health of everybody. We believe in recovery and have no doubt that Queensland will do so in due time with the right support. The community’s resilience will once again shine through.
Thank you for your understanding.
Chairperson – Conference
Acting CEO – Queensland Alliance for Mental Health
What to do if you have purchased a ticket, or submitted an abstract
Queensland Alliance for Mental Health is working with conference organiser, Arinex, to manage the registration and abstract submission process. We will work with you to ensure that you are provided with detailed next steps. In some cases, you will be required to contact the Delegate Services team at Arinex. Rest assured that QAMH will take you through the process.
- You will receive an email from QAMH outlining your next steps.
- If you have registered for the conference, you have the following options – to obtain a refund or carry your registration forward.
- You will receive an email from QAMH with further details on what to do if you have submitted an abstract.
- You will be given the following options – retain your current abstract in the portal, resubmit your abstract when the portal re-opens, or cancel your submission.
- The portal will not accept anymore abstracts until further notice.
If you have further questions, please do not hesitate to contact us on 07 3252 9411 or email email@example.com